Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Ultimate Boys Toy???

Surfing the internet this morning (and skillfully avoiding my responsibilities, I might add) I came across this:


It's called the Viperjet MkII and you can have one now, but there are a few catches. Firstly, you have to build it. That's right, get out your socket set and spirit level, we're going to build a fighter jet!


Only, well... We're not. Cause catch number two, you'll need to budget somewhere around £500,000 to complete your Viperjet, and it will take you around 3,000 - 3,500 hours to finish.  That's about a year and a half of standard working weeks... Not to mention, Jack of all Trades probably shouldn't build jet aircraft... Maybe people who are actually good at building aircraft would be more suitable.

I don't even want to think about the running costs!

For the time being at least, my dreams of being Maverick from Top Gun will remain a pipe dream (If you are younger than 35, look it up).

Still, I really don't dare let my wife see this. She will tell you how good I am at 'Escalation'.

You see, once upon a time I started playing the acoustic guitar. Now, our dining room houses five guitars, two basses, a piano and a drum kit, not to mention the recording gear.

Once upon a time, I started to learn to fly radio controlled models. As of today, our garage looks like a mini hangar. Flying models led to flying gliders, then flying planes... I'm sure you get the picture.

Maybe jet aircraft will go the way of mobile phones and computers, halving their cost every few years...

In about 20 years, we can all have one! :-)

Views from the ground


And from the cockpit

No comments:

Post a Comment